Job # AMFP090171116
Axiom Millwrighting & Fabrication Inc. is a market leading industrial contractor in search of a Mechanical Designer for immediate full time employment. Our core focus at Axiom is to be a leader in the food and beverage, industrial, contracting and manufacturing construction industry.
The Mechanical Designer will be responsible for all aspects of design necessary to deliver custom fabricated solutions to Food/Beverage and Industrial Manufacturing customers. The Mechanical Designer will work with a cross-functional team of Project Managers, Estimators, Designers, and Fabricators to ensure the timely execution of all assigned design and project related tasks.
In a fast pace work environment using SolidWorks and AutoCAD, the Mechanical Designer prepares detailed design drawings (mechanical and structural), layouts, and installation drawings to ensure correct design, fit, and functionality of equipment and fabrications. When required the Mechanical Designer will provide support during all phases of a project including design, procurement and purchasing, fabrication, installation and commissioning/startup.
Experience and knowledge of process design in the food industry will be considered an asset.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promptly gather all necessary project information, design and engineering concepts related to the project.
- Review project specifications and incorporate requirements into design and procurement specifications.
- Incorporate Food Safety best practices and guidelines in all designs.
- Prepare 3D models and concept layouts for clients as required.
- Effectively create designs and detailed drawings based on shop sketches and field layouts.
- Create drawings as required to support the fabrication shop.
- Create plant and production line layouts.
- Provide technical expertise as required.
- Coordinate project flow and performance including, project startup, schedule, project status, and efficient project close out.
- Assist with project scheduling and monitor the schedule throughout the project to ensure milestones are achieved on time.
- Liaise with Vendors, sub-contractors to follow up project plans and budgets.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve issues that arise throughout the design process.
- Travel to client facilities to provide on-site design and assistance for the Estimators and Project Managers.
- Track all deliverable to ensure that no deadlines, milestones are missed
- From time to time assist Estimator and foremen with emergency project management and administration as required
- Provide the leadership that demonstrates efficiency and effective executive of all work
- Maintain a document management system of all designs drawings.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining customer and job files relating to design projects.
Communication and Team Work:
- Attend and contribute to weekly team meetings.
- Communicate and maintain a cooperative working relationship with all Axiom staff and customers including problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Provide technical assistance and support as required to all Axiom departments and staff.
- 3 Year Technologist Diploma in Mechanical Design or equivalent.
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with GMP’s and sanitary design of manufacturing equipment an asset.
- Knowledge of conveyor system design and layout.
- Familiar with structural detailing and design.
If you possess these traits as Mechanical Designer, Axiom offers competitive wages and compensation that will be determined based on experience and skill set.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a current resume to email@example.com or fax your resume to us at 519-620-2024 and be sure to reference the Job # AMFP090171116
While we appreciate all applicants, only those qualified for an interview will be contacted.